ALLEN Realtors® was founded in 1940 by Harold A. Allen , Sr., a recognized Tacoma businessman and civic leader. Originally located in downtown Tacoma, Mr. Allen utilized proven marketing and sales skills to attract a core group of established advertising, sales and financial people under the banner of "Allen's Finer Homes." Within years, the firm was an acknowledged leader in the industry.
Following his untimely death in 1945, the company was managed by his widow, Martha Albertson Allen, and the company was moved to St. Helen's Avenue. Following his military service, Harold A. Allen, Jr., joined the company in 1946 and spent several years in direct sales before taking over management duties in 1949. Mr. Allen recognized the future of Lakewood and suburban Tacoma and established a Lakewood branch office in 1948. The company was moved to its present location on Gravelly Lake Drive in Lakewood in 1953. Mr. Allen's son-in-law, Mike Larson, joined the company in 1995, took over daily management duties in 1997, and became the designated broker in 2000.