Barney’s Furniture was founded in 1939 by Bernard (Barney) Seidman and his wife Yetta. The original store was located in downtown Springfield at 718 E. Washington. When Barney passed away in 1943 his son, Bob, entered the business full time to help his mother. Shortly after that Bob’s sister, Sadie, came into the business to run the office. In 1974 Bob, with the help of his wife Julie, relocated the store to its present South Grand Ave. location. In 1981 their son, Barry, became the third generation of the family to enter the business full time. Throughout the years Barney’s has grown to become Springfield’s largest combined furniture showroom and warehouse where most everything is in stock available for quick delivery.