The Boston Opera House (originally known as the B. F. Keith Memorial Theatre) is one of the finest examples of the vaudeville circuit palace at the pinnacle of its development. Designed in a combination of French and Italian styles by Thomas White Lamb, one of the foremost theatre architects of his day, it was erected under the close personal supervision of Edward Franklin Albee (1857-1930 and great-grandfather of the playwright of the same name) to memorialize his late partner, Benjamin Franklin Keith (1846-1914). Because it was constructed as a memorial and tribute to vaudeville’s greatest impresario, it was built with a degree of luxury in its appointments that is almost unrivalled.The Boston Opera House recently entered yet another phase in its storied history. Local businessmen Don Law and David Mugar joined forces to launch Boston Opera House Ventures, LLC, purchasing the Boston Opera House from Live Nation and returning the theatre to local ownership for the first time in decades. After the renovation was complete the Boston Ballet launched its first full season with the Boston Opera House as their new home. A new, expanded orchestra pit was unveiled to the public for the first time as the Boston Ballet’s Night of Stars opened their new season to a sold-out house. The stage performance was dazzling and the building’s remarkable acoustics were on display for all to hear.