Burbank City Federal Credit Union is a federally chartered
credit union established on June 17, 1940. It was comprised of
people who joined together by pooling their money to create their
own special organization for saving and borrowing.
25 Years and many moves
After relocating several more times, including to the basement
of City Hall, the Credit Union hired its first part time employee.
By the twenty-fifth anniversary in 1965, the Credit Union's assets
had reached $1.7 million with 1700 members and a paid staff of
Throughout the next 10 years the Credit Union continued to
prosper, and in April 1976, groundbreaking ceremonies for
construction of the Credit Union building at 1020 W. Olive Avenue
took place. In November 1976 the Credit Union moved into its new
home with assets of $7 million.
50 years and $50 million
When our fiftieth anniversary arrived in 1990, the Credit Union
had reached $50 million in assets with more than 5100 members.
The Credit Union continued to grow, shortening the life
expectancy of our Olive Avenue location. Ground breaking ceremonies
took place in December 1994 for the construction of a new 12,000
square foot home at 1800 W. Magnolia Boulevard. The Credit Union
opened for business with a ribbon cutting ceremony on September
Still growing strong