The city of Bellevue’s Facebook fan page provides updated information and discussions on city-related events and programs. While the city welcomes and encourages dialogue with the public, this site is a limited public forum, and all comments are subject to public disclosure laws. Our site is a family-friendly one, so please keep your comments and wall posts appropriate. Our posting guidelines are found below.
The city reserves the right to remove comments and posts that do not follow these posting guidelines, and to ban users who post such comments or posts.
The intended purpose of the site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between city departments and members of the public. All comments are reviewed after posting. Comments will not be edited by the city or its staff. The city reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this policy or any applicable law. Articles and comments containing any of the following forms of content are deemed inappropriate:
1. Comments that clearly violate Terms of Service
2. Comments deemed potentially libelous
3. Comments not topically related to the particular social medium article being commented upon;
4. Comments inciting violence or hate speech
5. Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
6. Profane language or content;
7. Obscene or explicit comments.
8. Content that promotes, fosters or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability, transgender status or sexual orientation;
9. Sexual content or links to sexual content;
10. Solicitations of commerce; advertisements, commercial promotions or spam.
11. Personal attacks, insults, or threatening language.
12. Private, personal information published without consent.
13. Conduct that suggests or encourages illegal activity;
14. Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public system
15. Comments that embed images from external sources
16. Plagiarized material, or material that violates intellectual property rights
17. Comments that violate any law; or
18. Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party.
-Please be advised that if you post materials, you participate at your own risk, taking personal responsibility for your comments, your username and any information provided.
-Any content removed based on these guidelines will be retained, including the time, date and identity of the poster when available. The city will approach the use of social media tools as consistently as possible, enterprise wide.
-The appearance of external links on this site does not constitute official endorsement on behalf of the city of Bellevue.
-Communications made through social media will in no way constitute a legal or official notice or comment to the city or any official or employee of the city for any purpose
If you have questions or need additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.