Terre Haute IN United States 47804
Collett Park is a public park in Terre Haute, Vigo County, Indiana.The park was established in 1883 on a parcel of land donated to the city of Terre Haute by Josephus Collett, a railroad magnate and philanthropist. Its 21acre of tree-filled park land are approximately two miles north of downtown Terre Haute. A Romanesque Revival pavilion was built in 1894 by architect J. Merrill Sherman.The park's large main building with an indoor rental facility as well as outdoor shelters and restrooms. There are also football and soccer fields, a playground, horseshoe pits and tennis courts.Collett Park was placed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1981 for its historical significance in entertainment and recreation. The neighborhood that arose around the park, now known as the Collett Park Neighborhood Historic District, was placed on the Register itself in 2004.