We dreamed of planting a church with a simple goal – helping people connect with God so that they might reach their full potential. With the help of the Dream Team, 34 people committed to seeing this dream become a reality, Connecting Point Church began on February 26, 2011. That Sunday over 200 people attended our first service at the Cinemark Theater in College Station, Texas.
From the beginning, Connecting Point Church focused on reaching out to the non-churched community by building relationships through small groups. The life-giving message of the Gospel, the passion and joy of Sunday services, and the simple style of Connecting Point Church brought immediate growth. In its first year, the church grew to 350 people in weekly attendance, and over 300 people committed their lives to Christ.
Today hundreds of people attend the weekend services and Point Groups. God is at work at Connecting Point Church. We invite you to see for yourself how exciting church can be when the focus is simple and people are free to go after God with passion!
Fun – Church should be one of the most enjoyable things you’re a part of all week long!
Authentic – Be yourself. There’s no reason at all to act like someone you’re not!
Relational – We weren’t created to do life alone! Your best friends should be found in the church!
Our Core Values:
1.) We believe in the value of a soul! Everybody matters!!!
2.) We believe church should be culturally relevant while being doctrinally pure.
3.) We believe that loving relationships should flow throughout every area of church life.
4.) We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people.
5.) We believe that a church should operate in a unified community of servants where men and women use their gifts.
We Believe… there is only One True God- revealed in three persons… Father, Son, and Holy Spirit (commonly known as the Holy Trinity)
We Believe… in the Deity of the Lord Jesus Christ. As God’s Son, Jesus was both 100% human and 100% Divine.
We Believe… though originally created good, mankind willingly fell to sin, ushering evil and death, both physical and spiritual, into the world.
We Believe… the baptism in the Holy Spirit is a special experience following salvation that empowers believers for witnessing and effective service, just as it did in the New Testament times.
We Believe… divine healing of the sick is a privilege for Christians today and is provided for in Jesus sacrificial death on the cross.
We Believe… the local church is the body of Christ, and the extension of His life and ministry on the earth.
1. What are your weekend services like? Each weekend at Connecting Point Church, you’ll find a relaxed and friendly atmosphere with exciting, contemporary worship music. We want each person to get the most out of God’s Word, so we strive to communicate practically and relevantly while maintaining doctrinal purity. Children are well-cared for in our loving, quality nursery, ‘Tiny Point’ and ‘Mini Point’, and our fun-filled children’s services, ‘Little Point’ and ‘Kid Point’.
2. What will I experience on my first visit? If you are visiting for the first time, we will not embarrass you, have you stand up, or ask you to give money. We know that many people want to check out the church and be anonymous for awhile and that’s fine with us! Come in, enjoy the relaxed atmosphere, kick the tires, and see if this is the church for you.
3. What should I wear to to your services? You’ll find everything from casual clothes to dress clothes at our Weekend Services. Come in what is comfortable for you, because Connecting Point is not about what you look like or what you wear.
4. Where are you located? 410 Harvey Road Between Rudy’s BBQ and Fazolis in College Station, Tx 77840 Service Times: 9:15 & 11 AM.
5. What about our children? At Connecting Point, your children are our top priority. Our Nursery (0-23 months), called Tiny Point, is clean, safe, and staffed with loving workers. We also have Mini Point (2-3 Years), where they have their own area to learn about the Bible in a way they can understand! We offer children’s ministry called Little Point (4 years-Kindergarten) and Kid Point (1st-6th grade) with dynamic worship and a Bible lesson filled with lots of excitement!
6. How can I get connected at Connecting Point? There are many ways to get involved. You can begin by attending “The Connection” designed to connect you with Jesus and new friends. The Connection takes place the first four Sundays of the month at our church, 410 Harvey Road in College Station. Point Groups are another great way to connect. In each of these, you can build friendships, learn more about the life of our church, have the opportunity to grow in your faith, and partner with various ministries in our community in Service.
7. How can I grow in my relationship with Jesus? Our desire is to see you become a fully-devoted follower of Christ. “The Connection” offers the tools necessary to make this happen in your life. From the initial decision to accept Jesus as your Lord to your involvement in life-changing ministry, we will lead you step-by-step from healing to growth and into leadership. The process begins at “The Connection”.
8. What are Point Groups? Why do you have them? Point Groups are an important part of Connecting Point Church; in fact, you haven’t fully experienced the church until you’ve experienced our Point Groups. Point Groups allow you to meet other members and develop relationships that will spur your relationship with God. As Connecting Point Church grows, Point Groups allow us to stay small and connected. Point Groups are available for all ages and interests– there’s bound to be one thats just right for you.
9. How can I get involved in a Point Group? One of the easiest things to do at Connecting Point Church is to participate in a Point Group. Groups meet throughout the Bryan-College Station area and provide a place for Bible study, fellowship, and support. Wherever you live, theres a Point Group near you. Check out our Point Groups page and visit a group this week.