Dougherty's Pharmacy opened in 1929 focused on personal service. Mr. Dougherty knew well the neighborhood families he served. He remembered their names, their lives, and he compounded the medications they needed by hand. Eighty five years later these same ideas are still the core of Dougherty's, but our neighborhood has grown beyond North Texas. In fact, physicians across Texas and beyond send their patients to Dougherty's for prescriptions unavailable anywhere else. A beloved Dallas institution, Dougherty's Pharmacy is the area's oldest, largest, and most-recognized full-service pharmacy serving customers across Texas. Founded at the start of the Great Depression in Oak Cliff, Mr. Dougherty set the bar for a customer-oriented pharmacy dedicated to its customers' well being. The small pharmacy flourished in prime location between retail giants Safeway and A&P Grocery. In the pharmacy's first year of operation Mr. Dougherty foiled a robbery attempt by the infamous Bonnie & Clyde.The business continued to expand through '40s and '50s. Joe B. Park, George's son, joined the staff in 1959, after graduating from pharmacy school. In 1967, the business moved to its current location in Preston Royal Village. A new shopping center at the time Preston Royal Village was considered Far North Dallas, 12 miles north into the country.