The Eastside Financial Center understands that developing good money management skills and having good credit are the foundations of financial security. Eastside Financial Center staff are committed to working with individuals and families who have made it a priority to address their financial situation or improve upon their financial well-being. The Eastside Financial Center offers:
• Specific programs and services to meet the needs of the unbanked or underbanked (people with little or no experience in the formal banking system).
• A staff that mirrors the neighborhood’s ethnic diversity and speaks English, Spanish and Hmong.
• Access to comprehensive financial counseling and education including a Debt Management Program (DMP).
• Customized Matched Savings programming that links financial education with a savings-match incentive to help people save for an appreciable asset and build community wealth.
• Financial Opportunity Program empowers and strengthens communities by advancing the economic power of households and helping them achieve financial stability through integrated core services: Financial Coaching, Employment Coaching, and Income Support.
• Free tax preparation during the tax season, saving filers commercial tax preparation fees.
• Financial and banking products that connect financial education and financial tools.