Elgin Agrarian Community is a 24 acre mixed used development built around the concept of agriculture, community, and sustainability.
- Housing: 80 cottage style units between 450-1400 square feet (see floorplans and pricing ElginAgrarian.com). The homes are clustered in pocket neighborhoods with shared public and open spaces.
- Farm: 3 acres of row crops and approx 10,000 sf of an aquaponics-based greenhouse
- Community Center: residents have access to a shared space for day cares, community meals, meetings, and events.
- 2 Off-leash dog parks
- Trails and Open Spaces: we hope to preserve the lush, natural groves and wooded areas throughout the site to connect residents and Elginites with public trails and seating areas. A .8 mile natural-scaped trail will encircle the entire site, and linked to interconnected trails and sidewalks throughout the site.
- Historic Site: One acre of the site will contain the renovated historic homestead of Central Texas Pioneer Mary Christian Burleson. The homestead will become a pioneer experience center, a living museum and educational space for people of all ages to reconnect with Elgin's heritage and to celebrate strong Texas women. Visit http://www.marychristianburleson.org/ for more information.
- Microbrewery: a distribution brewery focused on innovative recipes featuring local ingredients, with an accessible taproom and biergarten overlooking the farm.
- Events Venue: A flexible private events facility located proximate to the Mary Christian Burleson Home and the brewery will become an ideal venue for corporate, educational, or family events.
- Spa and Fitness Center: A small exercise facility, lap pool, and spaces for a range of spa uses including massage, hair styling, nails, and facials.
- Short-term rental cabinas: 11 small units used in partnership with the Events Space or as hotel rooms.
- Sustainable Design: We are working toward making the entire development as close to Net Zero as possible. Buildings will be passively designed (low energy requirements, low impact), and the whole development will be serviced by a large solar array. Rain catchment and efficient water systems will also be used throughout the property.
Construction is planned to begin by August 2016 and full build out completed within 18 months.