1803 County Hospital Rd Nashville TN United States 37218
In November 1999 our pastor, Michael D. Joyner, was asked if he would consider starting a church. Minister Joyner did not believe this to be God’s plan. So he went to the Lord in prayer seeking His guidance. He received confirmation from God on November 14, 1999, that he was predestined to be a shepherd among His sheep.
On Thursday, November 26, 1999, a few of God’s servants met at the home of Deacon Samuel and Mother Blanche Joyner. This meeting resulted in the birth of Greater Faith Missionary Baptist Church. Sister Verleria Mallory was voted in as treasurer and Minister Latissa Hall was voted in as secretary at this first business meeting.
Greater Faith held its first Prayer Meeting and Bible Study at the home of Sister Lenora Bryant. On this day 10 people accepted the Invitation to Christian Discipleship: Sister Amanda Joyner, Brother Shawn Joyner, Mother Blanche Joyner, Deacon Samuel Joyner, Sister Angela Harney, Sister Marilyn Caruthers, Sister Lenora Bryant, Sister Barbara Johnson, Brother Emile Higgins and Sister Louise Woods.
Our first worship service was held on December 12, 1999 at the Holiday Inn Express located at 2401 Brick Church Pike. We then moved to Park Avenue Elementary School located at 3703 Park Avenue on December 19, 1999. We continued to worship there for nine months. During that time our membership increased from ten to eighteen.
In October 2000, we were blessed with our new sanctuary located at 3807 Gallatin Road. After four weeks of demolition and renovations, we marched into our new sanctuary on November 12, 2000. Pastor Raymond Caruthers and New Jerusalem Primitive Baptist Church installed our church on that day.
Pastor Joyner's God-fearing ability to preach the gospel led to a tremendous growth in membership at Greater Faith. As a result, on June 6, 2004 God provided a new temple for us to dwell at 401 South 11th Street to accommodate our growing church family.
Now God has taken us to even higher heights by blessing our congregation with an edifice located at 1803 County Hospital Road. We assembled in our new place of worship on November 2, 2010.
Throughout the years God has continued to bless our house of worship by equipping our growth through the various ministries in our Church.