The purpose of this site is to inform and engage with parents, staff, residents, and other members of our community while promoting the mission of the District and the Board of Directors’ goals. We welcome your comments and observations in this forum, but we encourage all participants to be civil, constructive, respectful, and responsible when posting. Otherwise permissible comments will not be removed based on viewpoint. However, because the District has a compelling interest in the lawful use of public resources and maintaining content that is appropriate for all users, the following content is not permitted on social networking sites administered by the Kent School District:
- Comments, posts or replies that are out of context and/or not related to the topic at issue;
- Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns, candidates, ballot measures, or pending legislation;
- Sexual content or links to sexual content;
- Commercial advertisements or solicitations;
- Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination as prohibited by district policy.
- Language or content that is profane, vulgar, abusive, denigrating, harassing, intimidating, or bullying in nature;
- Conduct or encouragement of illegal activity;
- Content that tends to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems, violate the privacy rights of individuals, or infringe on the legal ownership interests of any other party; and/or
- Content that violates Kent School District Policy 2022 and procedure 2022P regarding the acceptable use of electronic resources.
Please note that the comments expressed by others on this site do not reflect the opinions and position of the Kent District or its employees. Because the school district is a public agency, all comments posted on social networking sites administered by the district are public records that will be archived and subject to disclosure upon request. To avoid conflicts with Washington’s Open Public Meetings Act, chapter 42.30 RCW, the Board of Directors will not engage in meetings or discussions via district-sponsored social media sites. Please see Kent School District Policy 2022 and implementing procedure 2022P for more information.