As a church patterned after the New Testament the following are the 11 core values of Liberty Church...
1. We believe that the anointed preaching and teaching of the Bible stirs people to trust and serve God and is the catalyst for transformation or life change. Romans 12:2-7, 2 Timothy 3:16-17, James 1:23-25
• It is the Word of God infused by His Spirit that changes lives. The letter kills but the Spirit gives life. Luke 4:18
2. We believe in the present day supernatural leading and ministry of the Holy Spirit. John 14:26, 16:13, 1 Corinthians 12:4-11, 1 Peter 1:12
• The ministry of the Holy Spirit and His gifts are for today. He is to be as real and powerful as what we read in the NT.
• The ministry and demonstration of the Holy Spirit is an integral part of our identity as a church and our call to this region for which we make no apologies.
3. We believe that for a Christian to grow to spiritual maturity they must be actively engaged in the local church. Ephesians 4:11-16 (There are over 58 different references in the NT of the believer being tied to the local church.)
• The local church is God’s design! It is the vehicle by which individual Christians can come together to love and serve one another. It is where they are equipped to grow in Christ.
4. We believe the local church is to assist the Christian in “Joining Life at Liberty Membership Series” by helping them to discover their God given gifts and passion, then to equip and release them to serve others. Ephesians 4:11-16
Eph. 2:10 Amplified version - “For we are God’s [own] handiwork (His workmanship), recreated in Christ Jesus, [born anew] that we may do those good works which God predestined (planned beforehand) for us [taking paths which He prepared ahead of time], that we should walk in them [living the good life which He prearranged and made ready for us to live].
• We believe that every Christian is a minister; a person with gifting and ability that God put in them in order to serve others.1 Peter 4:10, Romans 12:3-6, Galatians 5:13
• We believe when a Christian discovers their passion and gifting they will have joy and fruitfulness in their service becoming an effective witnesses for Christ. Luke 10:17, Acts 13:52
• We believe that every Christian is responsible to know what God has called them to do.
• Therefore we offer the 5 week class “Unlocking God’s Purpose for Your Life.” We strongly encourage you to attend this class as part of your membership process.
5. We believe the church is to have high impact beyond its “four walls” through good works and the proclamation of the gospel. Therefore we have permanent ongoing evangelism teams. Matthew 5:16, 28:19, Ephesians 2:10
6. We believe that spiritual growth is a process that can be accomplished on purpose through discipleship and small groups. Matthew 28:19, Acts 2:46, 5:42, 20:20
• As a church grows larger it must grow smaller with relationships being built through small groups developed for spiritual growth, target ministry and fellowship.
SMALL GROUPS AVAILABLE
-Men & Women’s Ministry
-Youth Small Groups
-Family Life Small Groups
-Discipleship Small Groups
7. We believe that the local church is to be comprised of those from every ethnic group, joined together to serve the purpose of God in their city and region and the world. Therefore the worship style, staff and leadership team reflect this core value.Galatians 3:38
8. We believe that the church is to be generational, therefore we give the same degree of importance to ministry towards children and youth as to adults. This is reflected by the number of staff and the amount of money we assign to these ministries.
9. We believe that excellence honors God and inspires people. This includes the concepts of evaluation, critical review, intensity
and excellence applied. Psalms 150:2, Isaiah 12:5, 1 Corinthians 12:31, 1 Peter 2:12, Colossians 3:17, Malachi 1:6-14, Proverbs 27:17
10. We believe that the local church should raise up leaders and plant churches in the surrounding region and beyond, including all nations of the world. This is reflected by the growing number of churches we have already planted internationally and continue to plant.
11. We believe that the church should be culturally relevant while remaining doctrinally pure. This includes that the church
sensitively relate to our culture through our facility, printed materials, and use of the arts. 1 Corinthians 9:19-23