52 N Broadway White Plains NY United States 10603
Mapleton, also known as Alumnae House, College of White Plains, is a historic home located at White Plains, Westchester County, New York. It was built in 1867 and is a large, -story five-bay residence with Second Empire and Italianate-style design details. It features a large verandah, a central pavilion tower capped with a small dome, and a mansard roof with slate tiles. Also on the property is a polygonal frame gazebo. From 1894 to 1925, it housed the convent of the Sisters of the Divine Compassion. In 1925, the house was acquired for academic use. It was owned by the College of White Plains (formerly Good Counsel College), which merged with Pace University in 1976.It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1976. In 1997, it was included as part of the Good Counsel Complex national historic district.