1431 Pendleton St Columbia SC United States 29201
McCord House, also known as the McCord-Oxner House, is a historic home located at Columbia, South Carolina. It built in 1849, and is a 1 1/2-story clapboard Greek Revival style cottage, with additions made in the 1850s. It sits on a stuccoed raised basement. The front facade features a one-story portico supported by four stuccoed piers. It was built by David James McCord (1797–1855), planter, lawyer and editor, and his wife Louisa Cheves McCord (1810–1879), a noted author of political and economic essays, poetry and drama. In 1865, the McCord House became the headquarters of General Oliver O. Howard, who was General William Tecumseh Sherman’s second in command.It was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1979.