Located at the main corner of the arts and entertainment district, Onyx Residences are the perfect place to call home for today’s young professional. Living in the middle of the arts, music, theatre, and restaurant scene of downtown while being able to walk to work are just part of the conveniences at Onyx. These 28, 1 & 2 bedroom apartments with balconies overlooking
Third and Convention Streets are just a block away from North Boulevard Town Square. The award-winning square serves as a gathering place for Baton Rouge’s festivals, concerts and events, with a digital media tower for broadcasting live television events.
The original Onyx Building opened in the 1950's and was the home of Rider’s Jewelry store until the late 1970s. Today, the
completely new Onyx Residences stand five stories tall, and some of the original marble panels have been repurposed on
the exterior of the new building.
The Onyx Building is part of the Arts Block that was formed as one of the partnerships that brought about Baton Rouge’s successful downtown revitalization.
Bounded by North Boulevard and Lafayette, Convention and Third Streets, the Arts Block includes the Shaw Center for the
Arts, the LSU Museum of Art, The Manship Theatre complex, several restaurants, a coffee shop, and One Eleven Lofts.
Features Include: Granite countertops, stainless steel appliances, washer & dryer, custom-built kitchen islands with
drop-pendant lighting, hardwood floors, SMART Home technology with cable tv and Internet included, balconies, with
Pets are welcome. Storage units are available. 24-hour security-controlled building access.
• Surrounded by popular restaurants, gathering places, and area attractions in the heart of downtown
• Walk to work. Traffic – Free. Close to state capitol, IBM, financial, legal, and other downtown businesses
• Convenient to levee bike path (2 blocks)
• Downtown Red Stick Farmers Market
• Feel the Beat of the Legislature and State Government
• 3 miles to LSU
• LSU bus stop on the block
• Minutes from the airport
• 3 blocks to River Center events
• Try your luck at the nearby downtown riverboat casinos
*Opening Summer 2015