Welcome to Providence Hostel! We are a small, cozy hostel and guesthouse. We offer manageable dorm rooms of just 4, 3 or 2 people and private rooms (1 to 2 people) in female-only, male-only and mixed dorms.
IMPORTANT: We do NOT have 24 hour reception, so if you don't have a reservation, please call us. Do NOT just show up, as there may not be anyone there to greet you.
Passport/official Id required to check-in. No Rhode Island residents allowed
Prices in dorms start at just $29/person/night. Private rooms start at $69 per night.
Your rate includes:
- Bed linen
- Living room
- Wifi in all rooms
- Fully equipped kitchen (with stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, pots, pans, etc)
- Free lockers
- Free luggage storage on day of check-out
- Free coffee and tea
- Free bikes (limited amount, so first come first serve)
- Free bike storage if you’re traveling with a bike.
- Friendly staff and a great vibe
From our hostel, the walk to downtown, Brown University, Rhode Island School of Design, and other main attractions is just 20-25 minutes (or take the bus, and it’s even faster). Also just 15 minutes walk from Amtrack/MBTA train station or 20 minutes from Megabus station
- Founded in 1636, Providence is one of the oldest cities in the US, full of beautiful, historic New England architecture.
- Providence is the capital and most populous city in Rhode Island
- Home to 7 Universities, Providence has an energetic vibe with young students, with a walkable downtown area full of restaurants, bars, shopping, and nightlife
- Top schools in Providence: Brown University (an Ivy League university), Rhode Island School of Design (RISD-ranked the top art and design school in the US), and Johnson and Wales Culinary School (one of the top US culinary schools)
- Providence is a food mecca, with lots of restaurants of both world ethnic cuisines and local farm-to-table dishes.
- Just 1 hour from Boston by MBTA Commuter Rail ($10.50)
- 3 hours from NY by bus
- 1 hour from Newport via local bus ($2 per ride)
We are a small hostel, so your experience with us will be personal. We’ll know you by first name (even if you only stay 1 night). We like to have fun, but this is NOT a party hostel, so please be mature and responsible.
Providence Hostel Policies and Conditions:
Check in from 14:00 to 21:00 .
Check out before 17:00 .
Cancellation policy: 72 hours before arrival.
Payment upon arrival by cash to get our cheapest rate, credit card payments pay higher rate. For reservations over $50, we may pre-authorize your credit card before arrival.
Tea and coffee are provided for free, but in order to keep our rates low we do not provide breakfast.
We do not accept customers younger than 18 years of age unless accompanied by someone else over 18. We are on the second floor with only stairs access.