3000 Alvey Park Dr W Owensboro KY United States 42303
Hello facebook world!
Your favorite Realtor here! :) You already know this is my Realtor business page, but don't think for a second that all I am going to do is post photos of homes for sale. (Yes I'll be doing that too!) But I really enjoy getting to know you, meeting new people, sharing stories about my clients' successes and some of their triumphs, give you tips and tricks of the trade and so much more!
I've not met some of you personally, but I can't wait to shake your hand and get to know you! For now I'll tell you a little bit about me...
WHERE AM I FROM?
- I was born and raised in Tell City, IN. I actually lived there my entire life...even as I was going to college when I commuted daily to Oakland City University. I made a move across the bridge to Owensboro, KY after falling in love with the area.
WHAT DID I DO PRIOR TO BECOMING A REALTOR?
- My most recent position was at Big Brothers Big Sisters in Perry & Spencer Counties in Indiana. I ran the program in both counties and it was SO rewarding matching adults in the community to children in our area who were facing adversity. I was (and still am) a Big Sister prior to taking the position there. BBBS is a wonderful organization!
- Prior to BBBS, I worked at Holiday World & Splashin' Safari from the ages of 14-28 in many different positions! My last role there was the Director of Human Resource Development. What a fantastic place to work...our job was to manufacture fun for our Guests!! One of the best decisions I have ever made for myself was when I was 14 and decided to work there. Mrs. Koch became my mentor very quickly and I learned so much from her and from my many experiences at the park!!
WHAT ARE MY HOBBIES/INTERESTS?
- This one is a tough one for me because I love so much about life and enjoy doing so many things. There's not much that I won't try at least once!
- If it involves fitness, animals, being outdoors (as long as it's not harming animals) or learning, I'm all about it!
- I have a huge passion for children, especially children who are less fortunate. I grew up in a very poor family and I was able to "break the cycle." I feel that part of my life's purpose is to help those kiddos realize that (with hard work) they can achieve great things in life! I enjoy volunteering in my community so if there is something you're passionate about and you'd like to check it out, let me know!
WHAT ARE SOME FUN/UNIQUE FACTS ABOUT ME?
- I grew up in a pool hall and was shooting pool when I could barely see over the table. I don't play regularly anymore, but I won't turn down a challenge...let me know if you want to take your best shot!
- I played roller derby (yes there really is such a sport around here these days!) for 5 years and loved every single moment of it! And no...I'm not a mean girl. :) I "retired" from the sport in August 2014, but a large group of us "retired" skaters get together once a month to knock each other around!
- Although I like to workout, my diet is HORRIBLE! There's not a single vegetable that I'll eat and I'm really picky in all of the other areas of the food pyramid too. Remember when I talked about my love for trying new things?! Well that does NOT apply to new foods! If I could get by with it, my diet would consist of bread, pizza, pasta, cheeseburgers and anything chocolate.
Working in the real estate industry is so exhilarating! I enjoy the challenge. I enjoy lifelong learning and staying on top of the latest and greatest! I look forward to working through every obstacle that my clients may face. It's a huge honor to help a buyer or seller reach their goals...it's an amazing feeling knowing that in my first year of real estate, I remained in the top 10% of sales in our market and still am!
Thanks for taking the time to read this. If we don't already know each other, I can't wait to meet you!
Ways to reach me:
- Call or Text: 270-695-7945
- Email: Sam@SamanthaJoRay.com
Talk to ya soon!