Scott Collegiate Academy, formerly known as Galveston Early College High School (GEC), was created out of a partnership between Galveston Independent School District and Galveston College. Located at the Charles B. Scott campus, our school’s small size supports innovative ideas, creative teachers, and attention to detail.
Our structure fosters academic rigor, personalization, and relevant connections to workplace knowledge and skills. We are focused on preparing students for life-long learning and entry into high-skill careers.
Scott Collegiate Academy emphasizes personal, academic, and social growth by:
- Offering individualized attention
- Addressing multiple learning styles through differentiated instruction
- Supporting academic acceleration though a structured tutorial program
- Encouraging life-long learning
- Expanding social development through school, community college, and community mentors
- Providing accessible, active and extensive student support program
- Incorporating the college strategies school wide