508 New York Ave Sheboygan WI United States 53081
The Sheboygan County Courthouse is a large six story municipal building located in Downtown Sheboygan in Sheboygan County, Wisconsin. The cornerstone was laid in 1933 on the site of the previous 1868 building which was razed during the construction of the new courthouse. It was completed in 1934, having provided 200 local workers with jobs in the midst of the Great Depression. The building received a four story addition in 1956 and interior renovations in 1968. At that time, the building included county offices, a jail, and several court rooms.The courthouse was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982, in part as a representative of the then modern design of a 20th century government building, breaking with tradition-laden courthouses of the past.