625 Chestnut Street Terre Haute IN United States 47809
Stalker Hall is the current home of the College of Arts and Sciences at Indiana State University. Originally named the Education & Social Studies Building upon completion in 1954, it was renamed Stalker Hall in 1966 in honor of Francis Marion Stalker, a long-member of the Faculty from 1892–1929.From 2004–2005, it underwent a $5.5 million renovation which addressed structural, technological and cosmetic deficiencies. It is now fully compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act's standards. Architect: Ralph O. Yeager Contractor: J.L. Simmons Co., Inc. and Nehf Hardware & Electric Co., Terre Haute Initial Cost: ~$920,000 Renovated: 2004–2006 Classrooms now contain the latest technology, Additional elevators were added, Energy-efficient windows and doors were installed, A new facade was added to the southern entrance of building, "tying" it to the Quadrangle. Notes: This is the second Indiana State University building to bear the name Stalker Hall, the initial building was the 'Laboratory School' constructed in 1905 and razed in 1953.