Terre Haute IN United States 47803
Terre Haute Regional Airport is a civil-military public airport six miles east of Terre Haute, in Vigo County, Indiana. The FAA's National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation facility. It is also the location of Hulman Field Air National Guard Base of the Indiana Air National GuardHistoryOriginally called Hulman Field, the airport dates to 1943 when ground was broken on a 638acre site donated to the city of Terre Haute by businessman Anton "Tony" Hulman, Jr. The airport was dedicated on October 3, 1944 and had three runways, taxiways, apron area, and a terminal building. In 1953 a new terminal and control tower were completed and the apron expanded. Since 1954 the 181st Intelligence Wing of the Indiana Air National Guard has been stationed at the airport.In 1976 the city of Terre Haute and Vigo County jointly formed an authority to manage the airport. The Terre Haute International Airport Authority has six board members, with three members appointed by the Mayor of Terre Haute and three members appointed by the Vigo County Commissioners. The terminal was expanded in 1977 and 1981. In 1998 the name was changed from Hulman Regional Airport to Terre Haute International Airport - Hulman Field, primarily due to U.S Postal Service contractor Evergreen Airlines using the airport as a hub which has since closed.