224 N 8th St Terre Haute IN United States 47807
The Terre Haute Masonic Temple in Terre Haute, Indiana is a building that ground was broken for in 1915, cornerstone was laid in 1916, and opened in 1917. It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior in 1995. The structure was commissioned by the Terre Haute Masonic Temple Association which was included one director from each of the following bodies that funded the building of the temple: Terre Haute Lodge No. 19, F&AM, Social Lodge No. 86 F&AM, Humboldt Lodge No. 42 F&AM, Euclid Lodge No. 573 F&AM, Terre Haute Chapter No. 11 R.A.M., Terre Haute Council No. 8 R. & S.M., Terre Haute Commandery No. 16 K.T. The Temple was built by A.W. Stoolman with Archie H. Hubbard serving as architect.The Terre Haute Masonic Temple is currently utilized by Terre Haute Lodge No. 19, F&AM, Social Lodge No. 86 F&AM, Humboldt Lodge No. 42 F&AM, Terre Haute Chapter No. 11 R.A.M., Terre Haute Council No. 8 R. & S.M., Terre Haute Commandery No. 16 K.T., Job's Daughters Bethel No. 2, Terre Haute Chapter No. 43 Order of the Eastern Star, Terre Haute Order of Amaranth. The building was previously used by Euclid No. 573 F&AM, The Order of the White Shrine of Jerusalem and The Order of Demolay.The governing body of the building that is responsible for all modifications and maintenance is the Terre Haute Masonic Temple Association which still includes six of the original seven bodies that erected the structure (Euclid No. 573 is no longer in existence). The board is composed of a President, Vice President, Secretary & Treasurer, and three other members.