For over 40 years, The Blumenauer Corporation has been an industry leader, providing Florida, the Caribbean, South America, and beyond with quality water pumps and accessories for residential, commercial and industrial applications.
Roy C. Blumenauer, the founder of The Blumenauer Corporation, moved from Frederick, Maryland to central Florida in 1956. During the late 1950’s and early 1960’s Florida was starting to see an influx of growth, spurred with the construction of what is now known as the Kennedy Space Center. At the time, Roy worked for Hicks and Ingle Mechanical Contractors and was involved in both the construction of rocket launch facilities for NASA at Cape Canaveral and also for facilities of Pratt and Whitney, one of the world’s leading jet-engine manufacturers. Soon thereafter, plans for the development of Walt Disney World were announced and Mr. Blumenauer realized the potential for growth in the Orlando area.
The company Blumenauer and Associates was formed in 1973, supplying the mechanical contractors of Florida with a variety of pump and boiler products to meet the demands of the rapidly growing market. Blumenauer and Associates expanded with the Florida market and in 1980, not only changed its name to The Blumenauer Corporation, but also became manufacturer’s representative of the Grundfos Pumps Corporation for Florida in addition to acquiring other major product lines.
Today, The Blumenauer Corporation is a leading distributor in the pump industry and represents manufacturers from around the world. In addition to being Florida's premier manufacturers' representaitve, The Blumenauer Corporation’s primary facility and service center in Orlando is a qualified Grundfos factory-authorized service center, and is stocked with a wide selection of pumps, water heaters, valves and accessories to meet today’s water technology needs.