301 University Blvd Galveston TX United States 77555-0177
The ETGEC-C, in partnership with the East Texas Area Health Education Centers (ETAHEC), specializes in providing education and training efforts targeting all health professionals and students in health professions. Its purpose is to address health trends impacting older populations in medically underserved areas. These trends include changes in Medicare proposed due to health care reform, how society views aging and disease, and important updates on prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of disease. Through the diligent work of our consortium partners the ETGEC-C has become an important resource for health providers to obtain continuing education, clinical training, and support to assure optimal care for older adults in a Texas region which is 85% rural and lacking in education opportunities in geriatrics.
1. UTMB (Galveston)
2. East Texas Area Health Education Center and five regional centers: Brazos AHEC, Coastal AHEC, Piney Woods AHEC, Pecan Valley AHEC, and Prairie AHEC.
3. Baylor University (Waco)
4. Lamar University (Beaumont)
5. Stephen F. Austin State University (Nacogdoches)
6. Victoria College (Victoria)
7. Weatherford College Wise County Campus