Rebecca Sealy room 2.756 Galveston TX United States 77555
Welcome to the official UTMB Health Facebook page maintained by the Office of Marketing and Communications.
UTMB Health, The University of Texas Medical Branch at Galveston
Established in 1891 as the University of Texas Medical Department, UTMB has grown from one building, 23 students and 13 faculty members to a modern health science center with more than 70 major buildings, more than 2,500 students and more than 1,000 faculty.
The 84-acre campus includes four schools, three institutes for advanced study, a major medical library, a network of hospitals and clinics that provide a full range of primary and specialized medical care, an affiliated Shriners Burns Hospital, and numerous research facilities. UTMB is a component of the University of Texas System.
If you have a clinical question or wish to inquire about an appointment, the UTMB Access Center provides convenient, customer-friendly patient access into the UTMB Health System. Service representatives and nurses are standing by to assist you.
Call (409) 772-2222 or toll free (800) 917-8906.
General university information - http://www.utmb.edu/
Clinical care information - http://www.utmbhealth.com/
Regarding UTMB Health’s Facebook page
UTMB Health wants to provide a friendly, informative and engaging community for our Facebook followers, and we encourage you to comment and share your opinions and stories in a courteous and respectful manner.
Keep in mind that once you post something online, it may be read by thousands of others in our online community and beyond.
Therefore, we encourage everyone to use caution when sharing any personal information, and not to post medical information, clinical images or other sensitive content on our Facebook page or any of our other social media sites.
For your own privacy and protection, we encourage you not to share information such as your medical record number, financial information or any other information that you and/or your friends and relatives would not want strangers to know. Similarly, you should not post private, personal or sensitive information belonging to or about any other person or organization.
To maintain a positive and productive online community, please do not:
• Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
• Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by UTMB Health in its sole discretion.
• Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
• Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
• Impersonate another person.
• Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
• Post the same comment more than once or “spam.”
Likes and Links
Please be aware that the “likes” of and links to websites and Facebook fan pages belonging to other people and other organizations:
• do not constitute UTMB Health's official or global endorsement of such people or organizations or of any products, services or publications offered by such people and organizations,
• do not signify UTMB Health's agreement with or support of all information, views and opinions expressed by these people and organizations, and
• do not necessarily reflect UTMB Health's official views.
Images, Location Services and Tagging
Please be aware that personal photos taken at and/or tagged to “UTMB” via location services and other location-based features may automatically be associated with UTMB’s page by Facebook, and appear/be available to the public via this page—UTMB has no control over this. Please be advised of this issue and review your Facebook privacy and photo management settings. Your privacy is important to us.
By using this site, you agree to these terms and agree that you will indemnify UTMB Health against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on this site.