V&C Foods was founded in 1945 by Victor and Charlotte Cortesi, hence our moniker. Victor,affectionately known as “Vic” to his friends and customers, began by distributing ranch fresh eggs from Petaluma and the Central Valley to small bakeries in San Francisco. The company successfully operated at 964 Natoma Street in the South of Market District of San Francisco for nearly 49 years. During that period, Victor operated his business with the help of several key employees,including his wife Charlotte, son-in-law Ron Krueger, and office manager, June Newman. In 1983,his youngest daughter, Judy began working in the family business. She was eager to learn and help her aging father and quickly took responsibility of the daily operations. Shortly after she was hired, Steven Herrera began working as a route driver. As an ambitious, twenty-five year old, Steven took every opportunity to learn from Victor, and continued to do so until his passing in 1987. As time progressed, both the product line and clientele continued to expand. Steven’s role at V&C Foods also developed to that of Salesperson, Distribution Manager, and ultimately, Operations Manager. It was during this period of expansion that the need for a larger warehouse became crucial. In March of 1994, the company headquarters was moved to 1736 Fitzgerald Avenue in the Bayview District of San Francisco.