1700 SW College Avenue Topeka KS United States 66621
This is the official Facebook page of the Washburn University Police Department. This page was created to provide people with an interest in the WUPD access to information about the department and a platform with which to interact with the WUPD. This page is monitored and managed by WUPD staff.
Before posting on this page, please review these terms. A posting on this page constitutes acceptance of the following terms and conditions:
• In case of emergency, or if you need police assistance, dial 911.
• Do not use this page to report a crime. To report a crime, call 911 or our non-emergency number, 785-670-1153.
• If you post information related to a crime on this page, you may be placing yourself in the position of becoming a witness in court proceedings.
• WUPD’s “liking” of other organizations’ or users’ pages does not indicate endorsement of that organization’s/person’s actions or comments.
• Comments posted by others on the WUPD Facebook page are not to be considered the opinion of the WUPD; nor does WUPD endorse any third-party comments on this page.
• The Washburn University Police Department reserves the right to remove and/or block anyone who posts inappropriate material as determined by the WUPD. For examples of inappropriate material, see below.
• WUPD does not allow posting of photos or videos by anyone other than members of the department.
• If you have photos or videos you’d like to share on this page, e-mail email@example.com.
The Washburn University Police Department welcomes a person’s right to express his/her opinion and encourages posters to keep comments related to content on this page. The WUPD reserves the right to remove any comments that are inappropriate or offensive, including, for example, comments that:
• defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or violate the legal rights of others,
• include hatred, slander, threats, obscenity, violence, vulgarity or sexual content,
• spam, advertise or solicit commerce or promote or encourage illegal activity,
• promote, foster or perpetuate discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, national origin, gender or sex, sexual orientation, or disability,
• have personal information about another person or that violate a person’s privacy,
• include copyrighted material that belongs to another person or entity,
• contain links to inappropriate web sites,
• contain confidential information or information that may compromise the safety or security of the public or any member of the WUPD.