873 NE 34th Ave Hillsboro OR United States 97124
Washington County Social Media Disclaimer
The intended purpose of this site is to serve as a mechanism for communication between County departments and members of the public. County authorized social media site articles, comments and other content containing any of the following are not allowed:
• Comments and articles not topically related to the particular social media article being commented upon;
• Comments in support of or opposition to political campaigns or ballot measures;
• Profane language or content;
• Rude, disparaging or discourteous comments directed at specific individuals, groups, or organizations;
• Content that promotes, fosters, or perpetuates discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, age, religion, gender, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, national origin, physical or mental disability or sexual orientation;
• Inappropriate sexual content or links to inappropriate sexual content;
• Solicitations of commerce;
• Illegal conduct or encouragement of illegal activity, excepting any authorized undercover activities of law enforcement agencies;
• Information that may tend to compromise the safety or security of the public or public systems;
• Content that violates a legal ownership interest of any other party;
• Comments or content that harass or advocate harassment of another person;
• Comments or content that poses or creates a privacy or security risk to another person;
• Comments or content that contain restricted or password-only access pages or hidden pages or images (not linked to or accessible from another accessible page);
• Comments or content that involve the transmission of “junk mail,” “chain letters,” or unsolicited mass mailing, instant messaging, “spimming” or “spamming;”
• Comments or content soliciting or designed to solicit passwords or personal identifying information for commercial purposes;
• Comments or content involving commercial activities and or sales without prior written consent of the County, including but not limited to contests, barter, sweepstakes, advertising, or pyramid schemes; and
• Comments or content that includes a photograph or video of another person that has been posted without the person’s permission and consent.
These guidelines must be displayed to users or made available by hyperlink. Any content removed based on these guidelines must be retained, including the time, date and identity of the poster when available.
The County reserves the right to restrict or remove any content that is deemed in violation of this Social Media Policy or any applicable law. County authorized social media sites that allow users to comment are limited public forums. Commentator’s postings are subject to reasonable County rules and restrictions. County employees or agents acting as moderators are responsible for understanding and properly enforcing this Social Media Policy and any additional policies or regulations that apply to County authorized web accounts, sites, or pages.
To read the full Social Media Policy, please visit: