From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
The Sheboygan Theatre (now Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts) was constructed in 1928 for the Milwaukee Theatre Circuit of Universal Pictures Corporation at a cost of $600,000, in Sheboygan, Wisconsin. Designed in the Spanish Colonial Revival style, it is an especially fine and intact example of the 'atmospheric' type movie theater developed in the 1920’s.
In 1996 the newly formed Sheboygan Community Theatre Foundation Inc., purchased the building for the purpose of preserving, restoring and overseeing the future operation of the historic theater.
The property was placed on the National Register of Historic Places by the United States Department of the Interior, and the State of Wisconsin Register of Historic Places by the State Historical Society of Wisconsin, on December 22, 1999.
Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts
Description above from the Wikipedia article Stefanie H. Weill Center for the Performing Arts, licensed under CC-BY-SA, full list of contributors here. Community Pages are not affiliated with, or endorsed by, anyone associated with the topic.