Otto-Wels-Platz Bochum Germany 44879
Bochum-Dahlhausen station is located in the Dahlhausen district of Bochum in the German state of North Rhine-Westphalia. The station building dates from the time of the First World War.HistoryThe origins of this station date back to 1863, when the Bergisch-Märkische Railway Company opened a branch line from Essen-Überruhr via Essen-Steele Ost station (originally Steele station) to Dahlhausen on 21 September 1863. This line is now considered to be part of the Wuppertal-Vohwinkel–Essen-Überruhr railway, between Überruhr and Essen-Steele Ost junction, and the Essen-Überruhr–Bochum-Langendreer railway between Essen-Steele Ost and Dahlhausen.It was primarily used for freight, but on weekdays, passenger carriages were also attached. When the line was extended to Hattingen in 1866, a small station building was built in Dahlhausen. On 10 October 1870, the Bochum-Dahlhausen–Bochum Langendreer line (also known as the Hasenwinkel coal line) was opened as a standard gauge railway. The communities of Dahlhausen and Linden were involved in the construction of a new station building that was completed in 1875. By this time, the Ruhr Valley Railway was already open to Hagen. Therefore, the building soon proved to be too small.